Lessons freezing on iPad
    tuyhayes is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lessons freezing on iPad

Hi, my kids are using T4L on iPads through Puffin Academy. For some reason, some lessons seem to freeze on my son's iPad, but not my daughter's even though they are the same exact model. Are there some settings I can check or adjust somewhere that might be causing this?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lessons freezing on iPad

Hi. It's recommended that you use Time4Learning on a desktop or laptop computer. If you can't do that, then please try going through your mobile device's browser to access the lessons.

Some of the lessons will not work on a mobile device's browser. You can use Puffin Academy instead for the lessons that will not work on your device's browser. Puffin Academy isn't affiliated with Time4Learning. It's an app someone else developed that our members have reported works for them much of the time. It is known to be slow, as it uses a lot of your device's resources. Here is a how-to manual directly from Puffin Academy.

The difference in your two iPads may be the amount of data stored on each device itself. You might clear history and any unnecessary apps, photos, videos, etc. on the slower device.

Here is the percentage of lessons at each grade level that HAVE BEEN converted to work through a mobile device's browser WITHOUT Puffin Academy (as of December, 2018):

Language Arts:
    Kindergarten, 100%
    First Grade, 100%
    Second Grade, 100%
    Third Grade, 100%
    Fourth Grade, 100%
    Fifth Grade, 100%
    Sixth Grade, 100%
    Seventh Grade, 36%
    Eighth Grade, 37%

Language Arts Extensions:
    First Grade, 100%
    Second Grade, 100%
    Third Grade, 100%
    Fourth Grade, 100%
    Fifth Grade, 100%
    Sixth Grade, 100%
    Seventh Grade, 0%
    Eighth Grade, 0%

Math:
    Kindergarten,
    First Grade, 100%
    Second Grade, 100%
    Third Grade, 100%
    Fourth Grade, 100%
    Fifth Grade, 100%
    Sixth Grade, 100%
    Seventh Grade, 25%
    Eighth Grade, 27%

There is a dedicated iPad app for Science4Us.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!