Lessons in spanish
    Raven is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lessons in spanish

Hi

I was wondering if there would be lessons offered in spanish in the future?

Thanks

HSMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Wouldn't that be nice! I'm hoping that in the future there will be a way for parents to use the website to list their child's lesson plans for the week. Also, I hope that when they redesign the website, they make it more obvious to new people where it is that they need to log in for upper grade lessons .

PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

I've noticed people keep asking for Spanish. I don't know the logistics of this, but could there be a way to use Rosetta Stone Spanish (or other languages) with T4L? In an area near me, one of the counties has made the first levels of Rosetta Stone (in many languages I'm told) available online for people through the county library system. All you need is an active library card. This makes me think that RS already has a system where they license out access to the online programs.

I already bought RS Spanish I and II and am really liking it! I have one child using level 2, but my 9 yo and I are both doing level 1. I know several languages already and am quite impressed with this system. (My 12 yo son wants to learn Japanese now... )

Anyway, this is just a thought!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here's what John Edelson has said about additional offerings. The thread can be found at

https://www.time4learning.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191:

Caroline - You probably heard that from me (directly or not). The exact truth is that we are "looking" at adding more subjects but so far, nothing to report. It's tough going since we would like any new offerings to cover the same grades (preschool, elementary, and middle school) and be as easy to use and low cost.

This turns out to be a really tough development or acquisition goal. I've seen some great course materials but sometimes way over-priced (by what we're trying to do) or only appropriate for a limited age group.

Also, adding new materials competes with improving the usability and extending the features of our current offering. And so far, that is the priority.

Stay tuned. We've only been around for 3 years so we're moving as fast as is prudent....

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Raven is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lessons in Spanish

Hi

When I asked I was thinking not only as a lesson/subject added to the program but if it would be possible that the program would be available in Spanish or any other language?

I am asking because I am in Puerto Rico and although our main language is Spanish, English is taught and used constantly. Until now my son has been able to use the program with great ease and is able to do the work, but I wonder if it had been in Spanish if he would do even better. I am mostly curious, because I had searched that Compass Learning offers some subjects or lessons in Spanish, and wondered if in the future time4learning would too.

Thanks for a great program and forum!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning lessons are not available in Spanish.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sandra is offline Junior Member

Default Spanish??

Rosetta Stone also offers English. I am using RS for my children to learn Dutch and I am happy with their program. (although, I am not sure if it would fit your needs)
    I like the flexibility with t4L that you can usually go up or down a grade if they are struggling with a particular subject or even one section of the subjects. Maybe he can go back a level with the language arts-comprehension for fun, and it might increase his confidence.

Good Knowledge!!
    -Sandra
    Mom and Teacher to
    Reyna
    Ryan
    Mason
    Karissa