A Little Confused
    laurenspring is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default A Little Confused

Hi all, my daughter is in the 7th grade and we have been using t4l since the end of September and as of today she has completed her language arts and language arts extentions for the year (??) Is this right or possible? I went through all her lessons in both subjects and it all says complete, including the writing assignments.
    Plus, I found the report generater kinda hard to understand. I'm looking for an overall grade average in what she's done up until now and there's so many average grades for the one subject. I've gone through all the help tutorials and can't find and answers I'm looking for. Help! Thanks!
    Lauren Spring

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Lauren. A typical school year is 180 days. There are 126 seventh grade language arts activities and 74 language arts extensions for seventh grade, so if she's been doing one of each every day, then she would finish early.

When my daughter finished seventh grade language arts, I had her do the sixth grade extensions. If this is your daughter's first year in Time4Learning, you could do that, too. Take a look at the scope and sequence. There are some really good language arts lessons in the sixth grade extensions that you don't typically find in most programs.

The curriculum used by Time4Learning was designed to be used in a school, where the teacher doesn't necessarily assign one computer lesson every day. Homeschooling tends to be more time-efficient than traditional classroom education.

I wonder if you are looking at the actual Reports, or at the Recent Work? The portfolio does default to the Recent Work tab. If you click on the Reports tab, you will be able to customize a report to include whatever time frame and subjects you choose. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for averages.

If you still have questions about that, please let me know.

Hopefully, other members will also come along and share how they schedule seventh grade language arts.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!