A little confused
    misty316 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default A little confused

I have a 7 yr old who is using this program. I am a little confused about a couple things. I thought the timer and those options would be on the same page as the lesson. Can she go into the playground at anytime or does she have to complete so many lessons first. How does she know when she has completed enough to enter the playground. Also does she need to complete the options in order and cans he skip around.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The timer appears in a second window, generally behind the window the lessons are running in. If she can't see the timer, you can drag the lesson window and position it so the timer in the window behind is visible.

The student will know she has completed enough lessons to go to the playground when the timer reaches zero. Most students keep a pretty good eye on that. Once the timer reaches zero, I expect my own children to complete the lesson they are in the middle of before dashing off to the playground, but every family has its own rules.

The parent determines how much time a student must spend on lessons before having access to the playground. The parent also determines the amount of time allowed in the playground. To change these settings, log in as a parent. Among the list of parent options is one called Change My Child's Time Settings. Click on that and you will be able to adjust the time settings.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask, "does she need to complete the options in order". If you are asking whether she needs to complete the lesson activities in the sequence presented, the answer varies. Some parents choose to customize the program, assigning lessons in a different order to suit their own child's needs. Those who expect their children to work independently usually have them complete lessons sequentially.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Thanks so much

Thank you so much for your help. I was dragging the window down so that we could see the timer. I just was not sure if that was the right way. I am glad to know that was right. So the first time the time runs through it is for the lesson and once it begins again that is timing how long they may spend in the playground. I see now.

Thanks Again I am sure I will be back with more question later.

Blog Entries

Feel free to ask anything. There's always a bit of a learning curve, for both parent AND child, when beginning a new curriculum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Hi misty316

Hi Misty,

I am so glad you asked these questions? I had wondered the same thing but since we are in a stage when I have to DRAG them away from their lessons I hesitated. (I know alll good things will come to an end, but right now they think school is as fun as ninetendo!)

In HIS Love,
    Mary Arnold
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Default You said ask anything so here I go.

Is there anyway to have it read her the questions. I sit with her to do T4L most of the time. There are times when she wants to do and I can't not sit with her. I do not want to tell her no she can't do school of course. Like Mary's kids she thinks it is games most of the time. So is there a way to turn it on to read it to her and then turn it off so I can read it to her or let her read.

Blog Entries

The answer to that varies according to which subject and grade level you are referring to. What level is she working on?