Long Math Lessons

Default Long Math Lessons

My daughter is doing 2 math lessons a day becuz there are 302 math activities in 7th grade. It takes her about 2 hours to do one math lesson. She is not struggling in math she takes her time and uses her notebook to solve math problems. How will she find the time to do the 2nd math lesson? Should she do it in the evening or on a Saturday? She does language arts, science, social studies, spelling, and writing in homeschool. Thanks for any suggestions/ideas that you may have.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sandy,

Personally, I would slow down if it is taking two hours do complete a math lesson. She can always continue in the summer with just the math, or even complete it the following year. If there are lessons that she already knows how to work with no problems, skip those and work on the ones she does need to learn. I wouldn't want burn out for her so soon in the year.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I think I know why it took my daughter so long in math. She clicked on all the stars that she saw we kept thinking she had to do all of the stars on that page. Now we realized that she only has to do one or two stars per day.