LOVIN' the "resource" worksheets!
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default LOVIN' the "resource" worksheets!

I have to tell you the truth. We weren't really using them that much. The boys just worked through their lessons and that was it. Then one of the boys got stuck on fractions and no matter how many times they repeated the lesson they weren't "getting it".

I LOVE that they go WITH the lessons. Today I printed off the 3 worksheets and had him do that first. I LOVED how it not only showed them how to do the lesson on paper but it gave them life application also.

We had to find things around the house to make into fractions. Different color straws, change, a dozen and half eggs. I just saw it all start to click. What a valuable resource I've just skipped right over.

I still won't use them for EVERY lesson. If my son is totally grasping the material without any problem we'll just keep plugging along but I will always stop and review the resource sheets first and know what's available.

Also, I AM using them for my Pre-schooler! I love that he colors the letters and then draws objects with that letter.

Time4Learning just gets better and better!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I love the printables, too. For math, especially, they really seem to help "cement" some concepts. And my younger kids like to have "papers" to show their dad in the evening.

I always get a kick out of your enthusiasm, Mary, because you remind me of myself. Sometimes I think those who have homeschooled for a number of years . . . especially with several children all at different levels . . . are in the best position to REALLY appreciate Time4Learning!

We've had .a chance to see what else is out there (and TRY most of it, if you're a "curriculum junky" like I am ). I've never used anything that even begins to compare with Time4Learning as far as keeping my children's interest . . . TEACHING them efficiently, without a bunch of extra busywork (do they really need to memorize the name of all the bones in a bird's body?) . . . and SAVING ME WORK!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    I love the printables, too. For math, especially, they really seem to help "cement" some concepts. And my younger kids like to have "papers" to show their dad in the evening.

I always get a kick out of your enthusiasm, Mary, because you remind me of myself. Sometimes I think those who have homeschooled for a number of years . . . especially with several children all at different levels . . . are in the best position to REALLY appreciate Time4Learning!

We've had .a chance to see what else is out there (and TRY most of it, if you're a "curriculum junky" like I am ). I've never used anything that even begins to compare with Time4Learning as far as keeping my children's interest . . . TEACHING them efficiently, without a bunch of extra busywork (do they really need to memorize the name of all the bones in a bird's body?) . . . and SAVING ME WORK!
    You're the homeschool sista' of my heart!!! We are so much alike
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

ccpeterson is offline Member

I'm right with you, Mary and Kelly!
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11