Marking Lessons Complete
    andrewsdk is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Marking Lessons Complete

My son has started using T4L as his core curriculum and pretty much likes it. The problem is that many of the lessons are too easy for him, but since they are not marked as complete, he starts them, gets bored and quits.

If he was older, I'd tell him to just skip them, but he's in Kindergarten. He does the first activity that is available.

Is there any way to mark things completed without me having to do lessons for him?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The lessons are designed to be done in sequence, although the program is intentionally left very flexible for students who need more customization. If the lessons are done in sequence, the student motivators like the arrow and the "Complete" icons function very well. If you choose to skip lessons or do them out of order, the program requires more oversight.

The "Records" tabs in your student's portfolio (backpack icon) should give you the information you need about what your son has completed. (ALL program access will appear under the "Recent Work" tab, but only COMPLETED items appear under "Reports". If you actually run the lessons through to completion in order to get the lesson icons marked "complete" for the student, you will have incorrect information in his reports.

Many parents who choose to modify the program sequence print the lesson plans (available by logging in as a parent) and then use the Activity Finder to access each lesson activity they want their student to do instead of using the student motivators.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

andrewsdk is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'll just keep him moving along then. He'll finish the lessons if I bug him a bit - which is a lot less work than the other option. He likes to choose his own lessons as much as possible.

Hi,

My first grader was the same way, he is in first, second and third grade levels in all the different subjects. When he found things that were really easy, we just had him do the review, the quiz or the test, and then moved on if the grade was 100%. If it wasn't, then he saw the need to do the lesson.(I helped him see the need The little arrow director thingy didn't move but once he got to the parts he didn't know then he started completing the lessons and after a few of those it was easy to know where he left off and where to start.
    Jennifer