Math confusion

Thread: Math confusion

LiveandLearn is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Math confusion

Hello all you helpful people out there!

I'm sorry, but I have a little beef with the 2nd grade Math Chapter 3!!! Why is the lesson on grouping property and two-digit addition BEFORE the tutorials on adding single and two-digit whole numbers? My son was lost! I know we have the liberty to jump around the lessons as needed, so we will go backwards--starting with the basic facts practice and then go back to regrouping and two digits. I looked ahead and see the subtraction lessons start with two digits and regrouping BEFORE all the subtraction tutorials and practice also. Just doesn't make sense to me. I was hoping we could just follow along as programed, but maybe not! Can someone explain???

~Kristi

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Math confusion

Thanks for the report. You should be able to follow the lesson activities in sequence. I'll take a look at these and see if we need to ask to have them reordered. Maybe someone put them in backwards.

We do appreciate knowing when something doesn't quite look right, because then we have the opportunity to fix it.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

LiveandLearn is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Math confusion

Thanks for looking into it! I hope this isn't a burden on you! I especially hope it's the math and not ME who is backwards!

~Kristi