Misinformation?

Thread: Misinformation?

Lissa'sMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Misinformation?

We are new to T4L and new to homeschooling. It's not bad site to use, my daughter enjoys LA and Art. Math is math-who likes it, right? But my issue is with Social studies. Maps are terrible. And then there is an activity to fill up a map:how can you do it if you never been taught properly? Today we were reading about Greek alphabet and one paragraph stated it was developed in 8 B.C. next one in 800 B.C. which one is correct? And in all it's very boring, same for science. Just a regular textbook reading... Wish there was more animation or something to break those long boring paragraphs....

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

I see that you found the animated science lessons. That is where I was going to point you. Here is a link that has a bunch of links on the left. (Microscopy Links, Periodic Table Links, Virtual Dissections, Science Fair Idea, NASA Picture of the Day, BrainPop Movies)

I have no idea what to say about the social studies. Hope someone else has some advice.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

8 bc is correct when greek language first emerged, old old alphabet. and alphabet they use now started in 800bc with changes in pronounciations and vowels.
    i love the history of greeks, i wish i was back there for another 10yrs!.

jm.swift is offline Junior Member Newbie

I ran into some misinformation too. Well actually it was a quiz answer that conflicted with the text. I messaged t4l about it and was told that the history and science curriculum is no longer being updated which is why it is considered free supplemental material. In other words, we are paying for the math and L.A. which is why the content is so much better. It is still being improved upon and updated.