MORE BOOKS!!

Thread: MORE BOOKS!!

ccpeterson is offline Member

Default MORE BOOKS!!

This is a wonderful site with animated books that are read aloud. A child can also build their own page and keep track of all the books they have read, etc.
    http://www.rif.org/readingplanet/conten ... ories.mspx
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Charity! These are GREAT! You girls keep em' coming!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Those are terrific. Thanks! My two youngest daughters love books online.

Here are a couple more sites for book lovers:

I am actually using this one as a school supplement, having my younger kids listen to one book and its associated movie per day, plus do the puzzle/game activities that go along with it. The site pairs nonfiction books that are read aloud to your child online with a similar fictional book video. So, for example, your child will hear a nonfiction book about pigs and then view a video of the story The Three Little Pigs. (The books aren't all that juvenile, and my 10-year-old is enjoying them.) The games are things like true/false questions, vocabulary words, and sequencing. It's free until February, logging in with user name "tea" and password "time". After February, it will be $99/year.

Book Adventure has lists of many, many books for all grade levels. Your child reads a book (which you own or check out from the library). Then, he takes the online quiz and is awarded points. He accumulates the points and exchanges them for FREE merchandise from the site. Or, parents can set up certificates to offer the child a personalized award for a certain number of points. The site is FREE.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ccpeterson is offline Member

Thanks Kelly!!
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11