Moving on to high school
    Monitamerritt@hotmail.com is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Moving on to high school

Hello Time For Learning Parents,

My name is Monita Merritt, I have 2 awesome kids, Stephen and Shariel. I have been homeschooling my kids since 2009. My son just turned 14 and my daughter is 12yrs old. Time for learning has been an awesome program for homeschooling my kids. Now that my son has completed all his lessons and is ready to move on to high school, I do have a few questions. Do I just print out his reports and send them in to his new school or what? I hear that time for learning doesn't give a certificate of completion. I'm doing a little more research on this subject so if anyone has some helpful information please let me know. Thanks a ton.

The Merritt Family

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Monita. Each school district will have its own requirements for admission of previously homeschooled students. Time4Learning isn't a school, so it can't issue a certificates of completion. You do have the reports to show the admissions office. Some districts will admit a student as a freshman based simply on their age. If you've homeschooled into the high school years, it can be a bit trickier to convince the school to convert homeschool work to high school credits.

Your first step should be a conversation with your school district. Do be sure you understand and have followed your state's homeschool requirements first, because the school districts are often under some incorrect assumptions themselves when it comes to homeschooled students.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!