Multiple accounts Question.
    Ms Skiddly is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Multiple accounts Question.

Hi all,

I have a son already using T4L. We are loving it so much that I now want to sign another child up however I want to keep the children's accounts entirely separate, rather than having multiple students on the one account. I read a post that said with multiple children on the same account the reports are then combined - (which is what I do not want). Can anyone who have multiple children on one account clarify how the reports are set out?

I am wondering if it is ok to just open another account and pay separately for a 2nd child rather than just using the 'Add a child' option.

Any advice on this would be really appreciated.

Ms. Skiddly
    Last edited by hearthstone_academy; 06-21-2010 at 08:38 AM.
    [FONT="Lucida Console"[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]]Ms Skiddly[/COLOR][/FONT]

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think the post you are referring to was talking about having only ONE account and allowing two or more children to use the same log in information and launchpad.

If you "Add a child", he will have his own log in information, his own launchpad, and his own portfolio that contains a record of only his work.

Second and subsequent children in the same family receive a discount of five dollars per month.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i don't think i read the post you're referring to ... but our kids have their own separate log ins with individual passwords and their reports come up separately ... as if they are on two different planets (which, they usually are, lol)

hope that helps, and let us know if you need anything else ...
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Ms Skiddly is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for your responses Kelly and Yca (aka Jess).
    Much appreciated..

Ms
    [FONT="Lucida Console"[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]]Ms Skiddly[/COLOR][/FONT]

jcbsews is offline Junior Member

Do any of you know if there is a discount for the second child, if you prepay the year in advance? We will be adding my 8th grader to T4L this year (found a GREAT secular online science option, which was the only stumbling block to using T4L), but it was such a convenience (and savings!) to pay by the year for my younger child, we definitely want to go that route when we're doing it for two! (it will still work out, for BOTH kids, to just under half of what it cost for K12 for 7th grade... And we really really hated K12!)

Just so no one has to ask, we bought an annual subscription for J. Anne Huss' Simple Schooling Middle School Physical Science course, to cover 8th grade science. This is only our second year homeschooling, and I still find myself somewhat stuck in "following the public schools" mode, so I wanted a good physical science class since "that's what she's supposed to be learning in 8th grade"!

JC

five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi JC,

Great news for you! Yes, there is a discount of $5.00 per month for the second and subsequent children that are added to Time4Learning.
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't believe the additional child discount applies when you pay annually, since you are already getting the advance payment discount. I have sent an email to the billing department to confirm that, though. I'll let you know when they answer.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kawnee is offline Junior Member Newbie

How do I pay annually? How much of a discount is it? Kelly, did you ever find out about the second child and if you get just one discount - either the pay annually or the additional child discount or both?