Multiple kids, multiple programs?

View Poll Results: Do you use the same homeschool program for all of your children?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Each of my children uses the same core curriculum and supplementary material.

0 0%
  • Each child uses the same core curriculum, with personalized supplements.

2 66.67%
  • I pick and choose different curriculum for each child.

1 33.33%
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Multiple kids, multiple programs?

If you are homeschooling more than one child, do you use the same curriculum (different level) for all of them, or do you pick and choose programs for each child?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Cathy is offline Senior Member

I usually use the same program, different levels. Definitely use t4l for both, but since the science and ss weren't really offered for 2nd grade, my 2nd grader used Christian Light while my 5th grader used t4l for those 2 subjects. They will both use t4l this coming year for all 4 core subjects. They also both use the same Spanish program and will both use handwriting without tears for cursive. I am using the same level for both even though they are 3 grades apart.....ummmmm oldest HATES writing! ***sigh*** They also both used BigKids for spelling and timezattack for math drills. It jsut seems they both LOVE t4l and don't really like anything else we tried as much so t4l is just a winner program for us!!

P.S....."hi Kelly"

inspiredlife is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    If you are homeschooling more than one child, do you use the same curriculum (different level) for all of them, or do you pick and choose programs for each child?
    This year we are homeschooling using two different curriculum which has been interesting so far. We are using T4L supplemented with ReadingEggs and Handwriting Without Tears for our second grader and K12's curricula for our sixth grader. We used K12 for our younger child the previous two years but it didn't appear to be a good fit for our younger child's learning style particularly the Phonics portion of their curricula. Our daughter much prefers the interactive T4L style to the book work heavy style of K12's phonics program.

Tanya