My first year with T4L, have a couple of questions please
    sahm9298 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default My first year with T4L, have a couple of questions please

Hello, my name is Betty and this is my first time using T4L. I am using it for full core curriculum and I wanted to know how many lessons a day of each subject do you all like to do? And how much time do you give your children to complete one assignment? Thanks so much for any help you can give me with this, like I said this program is all new to me. I was using just text books before. Thanks!

Betty

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Betty. Welcome!

Hopefully, others will be along to share what they do in their own families. Meanwhile, here is a thread you might find useful.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome Betty!

Hi Betty,

Welcome to the boards! My name is Mary and we are just a few months into T4L'ing, but ten years into HS'ing. I have found that we just wing it. I know not everyone can do that, but it works for us. My son does ALL math one day and ALL lang Arts another. (I use other programs for hx and science)

I hope you have a PHENOMENAL school year. We LOVE Time4Learning and my boys are having AMAZING success, understanding concepts and mastering skills.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Mommydynee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Betty,
    Welcome to T4L. We started using T4L late spring so I feel we are still 'new', too. This is our planned core curriculum starting this fall. I like structure and planning and have tried to project approximate lesson plans with the help of the T4L lesson plans. (I have been a teacher and I guess old habits still stick). My dd, 8th grader, is a good independent learner so that helps me a lot. We do about 1 1/2 hours on each subject, four per day. Mon.,Wed., Fri., are core subjects; Tues, & Thurs are other things (Art, Computer, Spanish, etc.) Our state suggests that we have approximately 5 hours per day of learning (they don't specify subjects) for 180 days and that she pass a national standard test of choice. This is how we have done our HS in the past and I think it will work the same with T4L. We are excited about this program because of the computer interaction. We also use Cosmeo for videos and enhancements as well as a number of books and CDs. Hope this gives some help.

Happy learning.