My membership is ending and I can't renew right away
    JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

Default My membership is ending and I can't renew right away

As you may recall, in December I was examining T4L in anticipation of our tax refund. Then after Christmas, my husband and I spent some $ we got as a gift for one month of t4l for our family.

That month ends in a few days and I won't be able to renew til we get our income tax refund.

My question is what happens to my account and my kids' records? I hope I get to keep them and that everything just goes "dormant".

Thanks, Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Many families like their accounts to go dormant during the months they aren't doing school (typically June, July, and August). You can request dormancy any time by logging in as a parent and clicking on Make My Account Dormant. The fee is four dollars per month per student. This keeps your student's records intact and represents the costs incurred by Time4Learning to maintain the records.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

So what happens if I just let it go and don't set it to "dormant"?

I just jumped at the chance to try it for a month and didn't plan on that cost. It would only be $16, but I didn't budget it in...

Thanks, Jennifer

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

Actually, one of my students will still be enrolled because he started later than the others.

So do I need to go and cancel it for now or does it automatically cut off?

Blog Entries

Jennifer, the card you used to sign up will automatically be billed for renewal if you don't cancel first, so be sure and cancel the accounts of the children you don't want to continue.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Jennifer,

Kelly is correct. Be sure to cancel if you don't want to be billed again, as it is a recurring bill.

As far as the records. If you cancel the account the records will be lost from our system, however you can print your child's records at any time before your last day of membership. In fact, it's highly recommended to print them on a regular basis.

As far as the account. When you are ready to join again, you simply log into your parent account and click "reactivate my account" and we will reopen your account based on the information we had when you canceled. Your child(ren) will see fresh accounts with nothing completed but you will have the records of what they already did so it will be easy to see where they left off.

If you cancel now, the accounts will remain open until the date you are paid up through.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Blog Entries

Thanks for adding the additional information and advice, Kris.

Jennifer, even if you have to take a break, we still want to see you on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by t4lwebster

As far as the account. When you are ready to join again, you simply log into your parent account and click "reactivate my account" and we will reopen your account based on the information we had when you canceled. Your child(ren) will see fresh accounts with nothing completed but you will have the records of what they already did so it will be easy to see where they left off.
    This is what I wanted to know. So I can go back in and renew our memberships and I don't have to fill out all the info again as if I were a new customer? That would be great!

I am excited to see what life is like after t4l now that I have done it for a month. Of course, my student (who is our neighbor) started after us, so he is still doing it(until the 7th). Which will be a blessing in and of itself since I can now let him go on in t4l and do stuff w/ just my children that they like and not worry about him. This little boy's learning style is so different than my kids'.

Thank you, Kelly, I'd still like to participate in the forum!!

Don't make the mistakes I did!

1. Your membership is 30 DAYS, not a calendar month. So if you join on December 27, don't think your membership ends on Jan. 27.

2. Cancel a few days in advance to make sure it goes through before you get billed. From what I understand, you can cancel a few days before and still have access to reports until the actual 30 days is up. So don't feel like you have to cancel at the last minute, to keep using it.

Hope this helps someone!!!!

Blog Entries

Yes, you can cancel at any time during the billing period. Since you will have already paid for the entire billing period, you will still have access until the very end.