Need help in finding test answers
    Carla is offline Member Regular

Default Need help in finding test answers

Good morning all you homeschool parents,
    My daughter took a quiz this morning in science. She missed one question. I went to the answer key and guides page but it did not have an answer key to the test. Is there anyway to find out the correct answer without my having to go back and read all the science lessons in this unit? I thought in the past, I had found a place that gave the correct answer to one of her quizzes. I am having a lapse in memory if there is a place to go. Help please as my dd has some perfectionist qualities and wants to know the right answer before going on.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Tests and quizzes are different each time they are attempted. This makes it difficult to provide an answer key, although work on this has begun.

Meanwhile, parents sometimes post a test question they are stuck on and we figure out the answer together. I know that isn't ideal.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yes, it would be hard to come up with an answer key when each test/quiz is different.
    My daughter's error was on Science, Level 6, Laws of Motion.
    If an object is accelerating at a certain speed, and then the mass of the object is doubled, but the force stays the same, the object will now accelerate_______.
    She put twice as fast, which is wrong. I believe the answer is half as fast. I am not really sure. I remember from years ago when taking physics there is a formula for figuring velocity. I do not know how detailed the sixth grade lesson gets. She did say there were some "big" words to read.
    Thanks for your help Kelly

seashell is offline Member Regular

accelleration is not speed- it's the rate of increase (or decrease, generally called decelleration) in speed.

force equals mass times accelleration.
    F=ma

a = F/m

so doubling m will halve a.

so you are correct that if the mass is doubled, the accelleration must be cut in half if the force acting on it remains the same.

Thanks. I knew someone "out there" would be able to help me.
    It is great to have this forum, the support and help from all of you is wonderful. Makes those of us not proficient in a subject more comfortable to try and tackle things with our kids when we know help is around the corner.