need help for a virtual school
    latonyalloyd is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile need help for a virtual school

Have anyone every heard of American High School virtual school online ?Are does anyone know of a good virtual homeschool. Because I have a son ready to go to the 9th I am in need of help for as homeschool a high schooler.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have never heard of that high school, but I have never really looked for an online "school" for my high schoolers. I've used my choice of online curriculum (instead of a school) and awarded them a homeschool diploma, then sent them on to college. For my kids' first year of high school, I've used Time4Learning's seventh grade social studies (which is a really good overview of American history and plenty challenging for a freshman), Time4Writing courses (which are pretty inexpensive when you consider the cost of a virtual school), Time4Learning's algebra (which is intended for advanced middle schoolers but has worked fine to prepare my kids for college algebra), and Plato science. You have to buy Plato from the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op, but it's free to join. I've bought a lot of curriculum through them, and the discounts are great.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

DBalt is offline Junior Member

There is a virtual school option in the state of North Carolina. Just wanted to add. Since I saw you are in NC. I have added the link to information for homeschool students on their website here.
    Home/Private School | North Carolina Virtual Public School