New family has fallen in love....
    sssproudmama is offline Junior Member

Default New family has fallen in love....

With two special needs daughters with completely different sets of special needs I was doubtful that I could do homeschooling succesfully. I wore a big entusiastic smile as I explained my decisions to others but inwardly I felt a little cowardly. Time for learning has became a great resource to our family in only three days. Well we were in love on day one.

My soon to be 7 year old has struggled in school the better part of this year in her charter school. Her teacher just writes her off and she knows it. She has become depressed about school and with her medical illness rearing its ugly head this school year she fell behind. It hurt me so deeply to know tha my daughter physically suffered everyday and I had to send her to school to be emotionally persecuted by an adult. Although she is only on spring break we decided months ago to homeschool and I am using time 4 learning to teach her the work I know that she has missed at school this year. Since she had her surgery a month ago she has improved by leaps and bounds. I am truly impressed by her ability to pick up this skills quickly with these well laid and thought out courses. I am offically in love.

My 4 year old is doing the prek1 course we are moving very fast through this (they both never want to get off). I recently removed her from a private preschool. This has been more of a review for her but even still she is still being challenged and learning things that she did not learn in her prek classroom. She has always been ahead and was really not being challenged. The issue with her at school is she won't communicate, even though she has an above average vocabulary. I had seen her suffer drop off more than I could take. Having her homeschooling with me has dramatically improved her personality. she is so happy again.

Some people have said that I am harming them and etc. by trying to lock them in the house with me forever, but these are the same people that complain about me working on our business from home. The way that I see it is that people really wish they had the opportunities that I have to work from home and go back to my original plan which is to home school my beautiful kids.

I am so grateful for time4learning and it seven days have not passed since I purchased it. Again I am truly amazed by the difference I see already in both of my girls and I am just in love. I have been searching all school year for a program and am so glad that I came across this one. It is better than the rest of them by far. Never has my oldest had such improvement and confidence. I can't help but cry tears of joy over her own pride.

Thank you so much for this incredible site that challenges and teaches my children most effectively.

I am already thinking about how fun it will be for my son when he turns three and he is not even due until mid June. LOL It is just that great of site. Don't you dare ever leave us.

LaToya
    You have but only this one life to raise your children up to be ethical, moral, intelligent, upstanding, humble, God loving men and women... so always do what you believe and know to be best for them.

sssproudmama

Cally is offline Member

That is so great LaToya!!
    Cally

Cally,
    It truly is. I never thought tha I would find the glove fit. This site is awesome and then some. My oldest says "this is sooo coool" she has not been to the playground yet but the thing I love is she thinks the whole site is a game. I love it. Learning is actually fun.
    You have but only this one life to raise your children up to be ethical, moral, intelligent, upstanding, humble, God loving men and women... so always do what you believe and know to be best for them.

sssproudmama

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Wow, LaToya, thanks for sharing that! Hope to see a lot more of you on this forum. Let us know what your kids think of the playground!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Shaunna is offline Junior Member

Aww, good for you guys! I am glad that you have found something that works. What a relief that must be for you.

susankhan is offline Junior Member

I had tears reading your post. I admire you for what you have chosen to do. I too recently started to homeschool our 6 year old son. Only you know your children best If you get strange questions from strangers as to why you would homeschool, reply and ask them why do you have your children in public or private school. If they keep questioning you ask them " how come you are so concerned with my child/children " lol..... this usually stops them .... Good luck on your homeschool journey ......

It truly is a great relief!

sssproudmama

Thank you very much. I can not wait until the end of this school year. I love having them home with me. I am able to recgonize their personal needs quickly and work with them with what works for them only. I don't have to keep worrying about whether or not their needs are being met or if they are being forgotten about because I am they one doing what I do best, which is giving my love and devotion to them. It is amazing. I know that once they are both at home we will be even better for us all.

sssproudmama

Cathy is offline Senior Member

I was just reading your post and was wondering how you are doing? We too LOVE t4l!! Isn't amazing how wonderfully easy it is to h/s using this program????? I always think...we must be missing something but then we have our end of the year test and BINGO ,my kids are SOARING!!!!!