New and giving this a Trial Run...Question??
    Car
    Car is offline Junior Member

Default New and giving this a Trial Run...Question??

We just signed up and are giving this a Trial Run. We tried to do 3rd grade math....Counting coins and money...My question is...How do you enter the amount....? My son has the right answer...but is told he is wrong..Obviously because we don't know how to enter the amount correctly. Can anyone help please? Thank You...Car

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Is this the activity where he pretends he's at a toy store and makes change for his purchase? If not, can you provide the exact name of the lesson or the lesson activity number? I'll check it out for you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Car
    Car is offline Junior Member

Thanks, Kelly, for replying...Yes it is that lesson...I figured it out...We just bought a Mac after using a PC and instead of Dragging the money we had to Click on it to make it work.

Still a bit nervous, but I saw my 3rd grade son respond in a way he hasn't in school...He's bright...but different kids learn different ways. He was really excited about T4L

I have 5 children...3 of whom now are adults...and I saw them being pushed thru the Public School system even though they didn't understand the subjects...they passed them thru anyway..now in college...the two boys are struggling...

The two little ones I have left at home attended Charter Schools from the beginning..which was great...but now that the Charter Schools have become so popular (there used to be a 15 children to a classroom...now there is more than double that) I'm finding the same thing happening with the Public Schools and it saddens me. I don't want to see him get left behind or simply "Pushed Thru" for the sake of Funding.

Thanks, again....Car