New Here!!

Thread: New Here!!

crunchymom76 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Here!!

Hi!!! I'm a former public school teacher turned homeschooling mom. My kids are still pretty young but I've been involved with the local homeschool community since 2005. I'm a homeschool consultant and run a couple of groups in the Orlando area. I also recently started a new resource site for HSing parents here in central FL...

Anyway, our approach to homeschooling is unschooling, so we use Time 4 Learning in a relaxed format. My five year old LOVES the site and logs on a few times a week. We spend our weeks doing 3 to 4 outings plus co-ops and classes. We're always out and about and love our relaxed homeschooling lifestyle!

As a teacher, I'm living my dream. I always believed in a hands-on, child-led approach to education but had my hands tied as a public school teacher and was forced to "teach to the test" in school. My little one been unschooled from birth and is thriving and extremely social. He even started going to specials at the public school this year--just a couple of times a week for music and art..

I work with lots of homeschooling parents who are just starting out and have found myself recommending Time 4 Learning more than any other product or website.

So that's my story! Now I'm off to read some posts..
    Jan Zeiger
    Public School Teacher Turned Unschooling Mom
    www.janzeiger.com
    www.usbornemommy.com
    www.handsonhomeschooling.org

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the board! Thank you for sharing your story. We're looking forward to getting to "know" you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

NewLifeAcademy is offline Member Regular

Welcome Jan. You've really encouraged me that a professional educator thinks that unschooling is a good approach to learning. My homeschooling mentors are a family of both a mom and dad holding PhDs and they unschool. I am teaching a special needs student. She would do science everyday if I let her choose. LOL! I guess that would not be all bad.

Welcome and be prepared for some questions coming your way from this homeschooling mom. Donna