New here

Thread: New here

Yanna19B is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New here

Hello I知 Rose .,I知 new here.,I just want to ask how to enroll a 5 yrs old for homeschooling next year.,I知 thinking to do homeschooling.,but I don稚 know where to start and what to do.,can anybody help me.?thank you

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New here

Hi, Yanna. Welcome to the forum!

Each state has its own homeschool laws, and they are all very different. Many people mistakenly think of or refer to enrollment in an online school as "homeschooling", but that is not correct. The laws involved, as well as who is responsible for seeing that the laws are followed, are not the same for homeschooling and for online schools.

So, the place to start is to make sure you know your state's homeschool laws. Every state allows a parent to choose their own curriculum, or even to design their own. Time4Learning is one curriculum you might choose. We are on online curriculum. That's great for beginners, since yu don't have to teach everything from scratch and the grading and so forth is done for you.

This one-minute video tour of Time4Learning does a great job of explaining how things work.

You might be interested in our free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

We hope you will stick around and ask any specific questions as they occur to you! Again, welcome!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

zo_ey is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi, Yanna. Welcome to the forum!

Each state has its own homeschool laws, and they are all very different. Many people mistakenly think of or refer to enrollment in an online school as "homeschooling", but that is not correct. The laws involved, as well as who is responsible for seeing that the laws are followed, are not the same for homeschooling and for online schools.

So, the place to start is to make sure you know your state's homeschool laws. Every state allows a parent to choose their own curriculum, or even to design their own. Time4Learning is one curriculum you might choose. We are on online curriculum. That's great for beginners, since yu don't have to teach everything from scratch and the grading and so forth is done for you.

This one-minute video tour of Time4Learning does a great job of explaining how things work.

You might be interested in our free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

We hope you will stick around and ask any specific questions as they occur to you! Again, welcome!

This is useful information. A friend of mine was looking for exactly something like this. I'm going to encourage her to become a member here. Thanks.

wyhetubo is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: ROSE

Hello I’m Rose.
    I’m new here.
    I just want to ask how to enroll a 5 yrs old for homeschooling next year.
    I’m thinking to do homeschooling but I don’t know where to start and what to do.
    Can anybody help me?
    thank you

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Rose! Welcome to the forum! You might be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

Each state has its own homeschool laws and they are all very different. You might want to begin by checking your state's Department of Education website for your state's homeschool laws.

All states allow the parent to choose their child's curriculum. Time4Learning is an online curriculum you might consider choosing. Here is a one-minute video that tells how Time4Learning works.

Hopefully this will get you started. Feel free to post again. We'd love to hear from you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!