new here..question
    nora is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new here..question

Hi,

We're just starting our daughter (2nd grader) with this curriculum. Since she is sick, which is why she is being home schooled, she needs to start and stop in the middle of lessons often. I can't figure out how to have her pick up where she left off. When we go back to the same lesson we're at the beginning again.

Thanks,
    Nora

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Nora. I hope your daughter is enjoying the lessons. The second grade curriculum is probably my favorite.

I'm sorry to hear she has been sick. The longer upper level lessons can be paused, but the lessons in the lower level must run straight through. The developer must have thought they were short enough to be completed in one sitting. Unfortunately, that doesn't take into account the special needs of someone who is ill.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

~~Que~~ is offline Junior Member

I have also encountered this problem. My daughter who is also doing the second grade curriculum has encountered the same problem when she gets interrupted by her little brothers (ages 3 and 1). She complains a lot about having to re-do an entire lesson. All I do is help her look at the bright side and say, "At lease you'll know and understand this concept really well!" Pausing the lessons would be a GREAT option!
    Homeschool mom of soon to be 4.

Blogging about our homeschool adventure....