New here - Unlimiting the playground?
    seashell is offline Member Regular

Default New here - Unlimiting the playground?

Is it possible to remove any limits from the playground? I see where I can set a 0 minimum for lessons, and a 59minute limit for the playground- will that mean that the playground time will reset when it runs out, since the lesson minimum is 0 and she will have met that minimum?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If you set the required lesson time for zero, it doesn't matter how you set the playground timer. Your student will have unlimited playground access.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Fabulous, thanks!

Nope, this appears to not be true- with lesson time at zero, the playground still counts down and quits at zero. Hadn't happened until now that she'd spent a full hour exploring the playground stuff, but finally did. I'll have to explain to her to watch the timer and to leave and come back between activities if it's getting low, so it'll reset.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have the lesson timer set to zero for two of my kids, and they've never been timed out of the playground. Maybe they've never spent a full hour on there. Now, I'm going to go purposefully leave this on for an hour to check it out. I'm sorry if I misled you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Aw, it's ok. I just wanted to update, in case anyone else ever does a search and wants to know. I'll be interested to know if it works differently for you, so definitely test it!

We can work around it, no problem. Many of the sites are easily reachable from outside the playground, anyway, so if I can find out what she wants to go back to I can just put it on her browser "home" page for direct access.