New homeschool Mom in MO
    Bobbi Gregory is offline Junior Member

Default New homeschool Mom in MO

Hello everyone! I have four children: 15yo son, 12yo son, 6yo son and 5 yo daughter. I am homeschooling the younger two. I am hoping that Time4Learning is the answer to my 6yo's aversion to the worksheet...we'll see. Its nice to meet you all!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Bobbi! Thanks for taking time to introduce your family. You're a busy mom. I found Time4Learning in 2006, to deal with my own son's "worksheet aversion". Within a couple of months, I had signed all of my school-age children up.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

KrissyStLouis is offline Junior Member

Hello Bobbi,

We lived in Belton a few years ago. It's "home" to me... though I was born and raised elsewhere. There was a church there that holds a very dear place in my heart. In fact, we were out there this past weekend (Labor Day weekend) to visit. It was nice seeing dear friends again.

We live near St. Louis now and I have 4 kids, too. They are 10, 8, 4, and newborn. We used T4L a couple years ago with my eldest when we first pulled her out of PS, and my son followed the next year. However, we changed curriculums back then and did a more of a "teaching" time. It was amazing... but now, I need help doing it all, so I've signed us back up for T4L. It's a lot cheaper than SOS (which is what we were looking at) for all of the subjects.

We also are slowly working on the 2nd year for My Father's World, and a few times a week doing Rod and Staff English for an "old fashioned" english and grammar base, too. We will see how much of that we get done! At least I know that T4L gives enough of all the basics that if we don't get through much else, at least they have it! I'm sure it will make my life much easier.

Anyway, nice "meeting" you!!!

--Krissy

***waves to everyone else reading, too***

Bobbi Gregory is offline Junior Member

Hi Krissy! We are working through My Father's World too but he seems to balk. I didn't do it with him at all last week but I'm thinking to start back up next week...He's doing the first grade program...just seems kind of dry but maybe I haven't done a good enough job at finding extras to add in! I'm glad to know that you liked T4L...I signed them up right when I pulled him out of school and they worked at it for a couple of weeks but it seemed so "easy" to me. I guess I felt like I needed more involvement or something. I ordered MFW and we are on day 31 of that but it was so nice this past week to just do our calendar time and t4l. I think I'm happier sitting near them when they are working on the computer so I can see what they are learning and how much they are "getting it"...nice compromise. I'm going to try another couple weeks of mfw with him and just shelve it if he doesn't like it any better.

Nice to meet you too!
    Bobbi