New to homeschooling
    raeparks11 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschooling

Hi, my name is Rachel and we're new to homeschooling as well as Midland/odessa tx. I have a 2year old and was wondering when I needed to start the home school process and what I should introduce to him? Please any advice will be appreciated. Thanks so much

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Rachel. You might be interested in our free Welcome to Homeschooling guide. Texas law does not require you to do anything specific regarding homeschooling until the student is six (unless they have already been enrolled in school).

That's not to say you can't lay the groundwork for a great education! Children your son's age need lots of free play: blocks, clay, puzzles, toy kitchen, sandbox, etc. And, of course, read to him every day!

Time4Learning offers a preschool program that is based on themes (zoo, space, food, etc.). It's suggested that preschoolers spend only about half an hour per day online, and the rest of the time they are provided with activities that support the theme (coloring pages, books, toy zoo animals, etc.), or engage in free play.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your time with your son, and please let us know if you have other questions. You might also want to check out our preschool forum, below.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!