New Lessons added to 3rd grade math?
    School of the wild is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Lessons added to 3rd grade math?

Am I imagining things, or were there new lessons addes to 3rd grade math? I did not remember these when my son did 3rd grade. They seemed to appear one day, because my daughter thought it was impossible that she had skipped them. It turns out she really loved them! They were a great additional help in multiplication. Have there been new ones added to other grade levels?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, new lessons were added recently. They are really nice, aren't they? My own kids are enjoying them.

The developer does the updates, and then we get to figure out what was added, just like you. So far, it appears that new language arts and math activities were added at most grade levels.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default 5th grade math

Wow! I just counted 5th grade math and the lessons are double what the lesson plan says the number of lessons is. There are over 400 (428 I think) activities! The lesson plan says there are 210. When I planned out that grade level, I planned for 6/week. That's double that! I guess I'll have to investigate the rest. Thanks for your reply ; )

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Wait! The last time the fifth grade math was updated, it was completely replaced with new lessons. Instead of getting rid of all of the old lessons, they were gathered up and placed under a chapter at the end, called "Practice". These lessons are NOT counted in the total on the lesson plans, and you should NOT count them in your planning. They are simply there for extra practice when you decide your student needs it (such as when they score really low on a quiz).

This is also true of fourth and sixth grades . . . maybe some others? Any of the affected levels have the "Practice" chapter at the end.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Wow! I am so glad I asked you this! Thank you for letting us know that. It would be really nice if T4L would put something on the log in page or send an email to that effect. I'm sure it is a mystery to a lot of people. If you discover anything else about added lessons in other subjects, please share : ) My kids have really enjoyed the new math lessons with the video of the real person instructing. We wish there were even more like that, especially with math. Thanks!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

*snicker* I make Jack do those lessons
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!