New and a little confused
    Kyleandlexismom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New and a little confused

I just signed my two children (1st grader and 5th grader) up for Time 4 Learning yesterday. I used the chart provided in the Guide to Getting Started to determine how many activities per week (based on a 28 week school year) my kids need to do and got the following:

1st grader: Language Arts = 13 activities per week
    L.A. Extensions = 10 activities per week
    Math = 4 activities per week
    Science = 1 activity per week

5th grader: Language Arts= 4 activities per week
    L.A. Extensions = 5 activities per week
    Math = 7 activities per week
    Science = 5 activities per week
    Social Studies = 10 activities per week

Now my question is this, what constitutes "an activity"?

On the first log in screen you see it has the subjects listed. Once choosing the subject it has a list chapters within that subject. Each chapter has lessons, and once you pick a lesson it brings up a list of activities in that specific lesson. So should they complete the whole lesson for 1 weekly activity or is each of the activities listed counted separately towards their weekly requirement?

I hope that makes sense lol Thanks in advance for any help provided

timmysmom is offline Member

Hi and welcome!

I define an activity as a single bubble behind the main bubble (hope that makes sense). You have to be flexible with the numbers, you may find yourself doing more or less each week depending on how many activities are in each topic. Don't get caught up in the legalisticness of it! Sound like you may need to spend some time toward the end of the week to see how many activities were done and adjust your next week accordingly! Good luck and congrats on finding t4l!
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

Kyleandlexismom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks so much! Yeah, I basically came to the same conclusion. I think that I was trying to over complicate it lol. With my previous curriculum I had to set hard guidelines and make structured lesson plans but now my kids now actually do their school work without having to be prompted or asked to. Needless to say I was amazed!! Since they are enjoying it so much and are doing a substantial amount of activities of their own volition, I am just going to let them learn and do activities at their own pace (but making sure they do at least a rough average of the activities that I had calculated with the chart in the Guide). With them liking the program so much I don't have to be making sure that they are getting their work done. I am so happy to have found T4L!