?? The New Look--- like or dislike ???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ?? The New Look--- like or dislike ???

hoffmans is offline Junior Member

Default ?? The New Look--- like or dislike ???

Does everyone's kids like the new look??
    Mine DON'T and neither do I .
    Isn't this supposed to be marketed to children?The old look was fun and exciting to look at. This new one is horribly BORING.
    This new look is not engaging has no sense of thrill and wonder. It is boring and ugly, just like the school books we were happy to leave at school.
    One of the reasons Time4Learning is attractive is because it is (WAS) ATTRACTIVE !

Please for the love of learning go back to the kid appealing version.
    Just my thoughts

McCallJodi and claraskids like this.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning leases the curriculum from Compass Learning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Although T4L can change parts of their own site, they don't have control over the actual curriculum or its interface, although they do pass feedback received on to Compass.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

claraskids is offline Junior Member

Have to agree that the new look is not pleasing at all. It is much harder to immediately see where progress has been made.

Please do pass on this feedback.
    journey00 likes this.

reb621 is offline Member

Angry

" This new one is horribly BORING."

Agreed! And what kills me (besides losing the cute, animated icons that look like what they actually represent) is that the "backpack" where they find their grades is now a "briefcase," because your average child will definitely associate a briefcase with school.

i can't imagine what the parents of dyslexic kids or those with reading struggles who relied on those visual cues must be thinking. My oldest has adhd and mild cognitive delay and was lost this morning when she discovered the new look.

I was was angry when Apple hijacked the look of my iPhone with ios7, and it appears Compass Learning has joined the bandwagon.

Please do do pass along our grievances, T4L, as I'll bet ours is not an insignificant percentage of Compass Learning users who could certainly choose to use a different curriculum that actually engages our kids rather than boring and confusing them.

Mamanik3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have been with T4L since 2007 and I am NOT happy with this updated look. My daughter just spent 30 minutes doing an activity she already completed yesterday because she didn't notice the small check mark this morning. She thought is was familiar. She is used to the HUGE check mark and COMPLETED label. The visual icons were KID FRIENDLY! Maybe this new "windows 8 look" might be better suited for the high school level. PLEASE ask Compass Learning to return to the previous view for the elementary grades. THE VISUAL appeal is what made Time 4 Learning our choice all these years.

Nikki
    Home School Mom of 3
    McCallJodi likes this.

Harry is offline Junior Member Newbie

Not a good move

Jennifer Mookie Nichols is offline Junior Member

We are new to T4L and one would assume we could adjust easier than a long timer. However we chose T4L because it was so child friendly. The missing twirling stars (the check marks are so easy to miss) just are not as "fun". I understand the limitations T4L may have since they purchase from another company but I think suggesting that at least the elementary grades need the twirling stars might help. I also wish we could have a way to narrow down the activity scheduler to be able to choose the exact lessons needed plus a way to easily switch between grades on it. Do I like the new look? No.

I completely agree with the previous posters...not a fan at all! It is extremely hard for my first grader to figure out where he's supposed to be in his lessons. I understand from another post that they had a trial with other users...I'd like to know which elementary school parents thought this was a good idea. I can see how maybe high school would appreciate the updated look, but for my "non reader", "new to the computer user", this is just frustrating!

I agree. All of my kids do not like the new look. It's very difficult to use and understand.

bbooth is offline Member

I happen to like the new look. It's more modern and works well. My daughter loves it also and she is in third grade classes... the first few days were difficult but she got the hang of it. I do agree that the visual portion of the new look may be hard for the younger kids though.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast