A New Look for an Old Login
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default A New Look for an Old Login

Hi All!

We're preparing to unveil a new look to the Parent Login area, but thought we'd let you all see it first.
    We're trying to give the login pages a little more order, so our members can actually find the resources we offer.
    Our old Parent Login area (which is still usable) has SO much info all over the place, no one could find anything!
    We think this much cleaner look will be much easier to navigate.

Try it out, let us know what you think of the new look.

Parent Login

You'll also notice a link to the new Member Gallery, check it out! Just send us an email if you'd like your child's picture to
    be in the gallery and we'll happily add them.

In the very near future we'll be unveiling new cleaner upper and lower login pages as well, so look for that to happen soon!

Feedback welcome!

Kris @ Time4Learning
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

morenomami is offline Junior Member Newbie

Love the new look of the parents login. Does this mean we can pull the reports of work completed by the kids under the parent login, or do we still have to login under the kids logins?

also, any further news or development on a section on the boards for the kids? I had posted I would love to be a moderator and be part of the T4L team. I have experience in moderating highly trafficked boards, and helped to moderate and monitor the kids section on a phpBB.

Keep up the great work.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The new parent login functions the same as it always has. It just has a cleaner appearance, so it's easier to find your way around.

Time4Learning is still exploring options that will allow parents to access a student's lessons without logging in as the student. This is an often-requested function that is actively being worked on.

Discussions are occurring regarding a kids' forum. Currently, John Edelson is interested in hearing from those with experience setting up such a forum, especially the technical aspects. These plans are in the initial stages. It is unlikely to be just a subsection of this board, so it must be planned and designed from the ground up.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Hi morenomami,

Kelly is 100% correct. We know how important it is to parents to be able to view the lessons and we're actively searching for solutions for that. I wish it was just as easy as making the login pages look pretty.

As for the forum for the kids, no new news yet except, as Kelly mentioned, we're interested in finding out how to do it in the safest possible way. I noticed you posted an offer to moderate. Thank you! I'm not sure if John has seen your post yet, and I will direct him to it. I am sure he'd be interested to know more.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kris

Blog Entries

Hi All,

Just curious, after a week or so of having access to the new Parent Login if anyone has come across any issues with it. Any problems? Any thoughts?

Thanks all,
    Kris @ Time4 Learning

Lisa333 is offline Member Regular

WOW!

The new look for the forum is great! And I love the new login for the upper school.

I will send in a picture of my daughter for the Member Gallery, she'll be thrilled.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the feedback, Lisa.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Linn is offline Member Regular

Loving the new look for the log in pages and the new look (and colors) for the Parent Forum too. Nice work!

morenomami is offline Junior Member Newbie

I love the new look, colors, and all that has been done. Makes it a bit brighter and uplifting with the all the changes that have been made.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We've also gotten lots of feedback via our online poll on the student member login pages. I thought I'd let you all see some of the great responses we've gotten from the kids. (and some from parents too!) We've gotten over 700 responses! Here are just a few of the really interesting/fun ones.....

opinion: love it
    UserComment: the new colors makes it seem more fun

UserComment: Oui, c'est bien!

opinion: I don't like it!
    UserComment: Shows the password...

UserComment: it doesn't block your password anymore
    (this was great feedback - the older kids liked having their passwords hidden, so we fixed that)

UserComment: green isnt really my color try something like blue or pink or yellow those look good on me

UserComment: it looks more modern and simple at the same time! SARAH

UserComment: it needs exciting colors like bright pink and bright blue!! please take this in to cosideration. from reilly!!!

UserComment: Much less distracting for my son!!!

UserComment: I think you can do better.

opinion: It's OK
    UserComment: I'm NOT fond of the mint green.

UserComment: Green makes my child sick.

UserComment: ITS FUN TO LEARN WITH YA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I could just keep posting and posting... they are so much fun to read. Hope you all enjoyed

Kris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast