New Member Intro
    MarilynM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Member Intro

Hello, everyone!

My welcome email requested an introduction:

I am mom to two young men (ages 15 and 17) and to three step-daughters in their early-mid 30s. I had a ready-made family when I married dh 23 years ago. I raised the girls from ages 6, 9, and 12. I have five grandchildren ages 2 - 12 and three son-in-laws. My dh and I live on a farm with the boys and raise cucumbers for a pickle company. My life is much different than my mom's was at age 48.

We are in our 12th year of homeschooling and my older son is graduating in May. My younger son is special needs, so we will be homeschooling long term in our home.

I will begin my 30-day trial of the program tomorrow to see how it works for my special guy. He is cognitively-challenged and keeps me busy searching for ways in which he can learn and retain information. Ds is doing K and 1st work, but is always improving in some area of life. He loves working on the computer, so T4L may be a great fit. We consider him quite a blessing!

I am impressed with what I see from this program and your posts are encouraging.

Victoria is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Marilyn,

It's nice to meet you. I sure hope that this program is a good fit for your son. I do not face the same challenges, but I am absolutely thrilled with this program. If the earlier grades do as good a job both visually and auditorily as the later grades I'm sure you will like it. I noticed that brainpop.com has a new section for K-3, and they have a free trial period too - so if you haven't already you might want to check that site out too.

I have really appreciated all the information I've found here. From the actual program to the locations of other learning sites like brainpop and spellingtime.com (1st - 5th grades).

12 years, Wow, we have 6 years in with 5 children. 3 are grown and 2 are still homeschooled, the youngest is 11.

Victoria

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Marilyn and welcome! Thanks for the call on Friday. We, luckily, were south of any tornado action.

Hope you and your son enjoy the program.

Kris C.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

MarilynM is offline Junior Member Newbie

You're so smart knowing it was me! Being unable to get a fax through has probably ingrained my name in your memory. :P It remains a mystery since you've received faxes and I've been sending them. Weird!

I thought you were south by looking at the map. I have several online friends in Florida, so I had to check on everyone even if they were slightly out the area.

We are enjoying the program! I wish that I would have given my son more credit last fall and tried it.

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

So glad to hear that you're enjoying Time4Learning!

Thanks again

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide