new member requesting to introduce herself and find friends
    khan0mf1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new member requesting to introduce herself and find friends

i am a new member, and would like to chat about this cirriculum and find somebody in my area, i am going to try to home school my son with autism PDD-nos,and see if it would be a better education for him, i believe it will be, we have had nothing but problems with the school system as they do not care if he learns, all they care about is how they look, and keep passing him and tests and data is not accurate, i would also like to find about a penmanship course or a way to help him with his writing , as he is left handed and writes like a kindergartener / 1st grader and the school has not helped him, as they say they have in his iep - motor skills, i did notice he does much better if tracing over letters in words and sentences, maybe he should practice that way, and i am also concerned about the social aspect of the homeschool, are there activities or social groups for the kids.
    mikhayn

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new member requesting to introduce herself and find friends

welcome to the group!! where do you hail from?
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Happy Farmer is offline Junior Member

Default Re: new member requesting to introduce herself and find friends

Dear mikhayn,

Handwriting without tears is a good writing program. It uses a slate with tracing. It claims it is good for Lefties, but I have no experience with this.

Karen