New Seven Wonders of the World
    PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

Default New Seven Wonders of the World

I don't know if anyone else would be interested in something fun to do in addition to the regular work, but there is a "contest" sort of thing for selecting the New Seven Wonders of the World. My son is reading through all 21 of the finalists and will select the 7 he thinks should be the new wonders and we'll use his selection for our family's vote. It's a nice way to get a little additional world history!

www.new7wonders.com

Linn is offline Member Regular

Paula, YES I'm interested! Thanks so much for the link. That's awesome!

I went to the 'School & Kids' tab on the site and printed out all 21 of the finalists, as well as the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World. I put everything into a notebook for my son and included an instruction sheet on what I wanted him to do (read through all 21 of the finalists, list his favorite 7, including what part of the world they are located, write a brief explaination next to each why he thinks it should be one of the 7 New Wonders, etc.)

When he finishes that, we will go to the website and vote.

I can hardly wait to see which ones he picks!

PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

Isn't this a cool site? My son has taken the devil's advocate approach and will discuss with various ones of us why a certain one "has to be" on the list, then with others why that same one "shouldn't even be considered" for the list. When we caught on, he said he was searching for our opinions on the pros and cons before he really made his decisions.