New to T4L

Thread: New to T4L

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Default New to T4L

Hi everyone,

I am new to T4L, we started on Monday. I needed a program my son could relate to and enjoy for Math, that would help stop so much fighting between us. (He has adhd). This program was recommended by many people in my homeschool group and seem reasonable.

What I thought it would just be for math has turned into Social Studies and English as well with the science as supplementing our program.

He tried the math on Monday and found it easy for him to follow (he loves the computer), on Tuesday he asked to do Math 1st, he has never done that before. He then asked about the other subjects that were listed there and wanted to do them too. I am enjoing the free time and the little work I have to do. Our worst time on it is when he thought I would give him the answers to a quiz not a help to find the answer for himself. He jumped the gun and answered incorrectly. He got upset at his low score, so I told him he could do the quiz over and he was relieved.

I hope this continues to help us have less fighting. So far we are enjoying the program. I just wished it went through 9th and 10th grade. I am horrible at geometry and will have to look for another program when the time comes.

Dayna in Wyoming
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Dayna,

Welcome! I wish it went thru 10-11th too! It's so nice to meet you
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Thank you. I wish I would have discovered this when I was homeschoolng my stepson for middle school. Now I am down to my 8 yeard old daughter and my 13 year old son.

My daughter, I think will start some of the program for 3rd grade, next school year. She is no problem with the curriculum we are using and is very bright. But she wants to do computer work too.
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Dayna. Welcome! We're glad to have you with us.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!