New to T4L and have a couple questions
    amnehomeschool is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to T4L and have a couple questions

Hello,
    We are new to T4L. We started about a week ago and the kids are really enjoying it. I have read a lot of posts to try and answer all my questions and work out the problems. I still have a couple questions though...What is the best way to do the lang and lang ext. do you do them together or seperately? I also was wandering if anyone has used konos, weaver, or Sonlight as their science and history with this program. I would really like to use something else for science and history and keep T4L for math and lang. We are coming from using Abeka,SOTW1,CKEB. Those just are not fitting my childrens needs. The workbook method was not for some of my children.We have 4 children ages 11d,9d,7s,4s. I have the 3 signed up for T4L. One is ADD, Dyslexic and has dysgraphia the PS would not work with us and the last few years with her has been so much frustration. I have HS for 1 year a few years ago and with the problems with PS last year we decided to HS all this year. It has been a journey though trying to find the right curriculum that meets all my childrens needs. T4L has been really nice this past week with them wanting to do lessons in math and lang. Thanks and I hope to talk to you all more. I am sure I will have more questions soon. Brooke

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Brooke. Welcome!

Click here for information about using Time4Learning with Sonlight.

The core language arts is a complete program. The extensions are extras, which can be used as desired. Some parents do not use them at all. Others use them as electives, for students who have a special area of interest. (For instance, your student might enjoy studying poetry.) Still others use them for extra practice on concepts the student is having difficulty with.

My own children tend to get through the core language arts quickly (because they LOVE the way this subject is presented). Then, we fill in the end of the year with the extensions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

amnehomeschool is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the info. Brooke