New to T4Learning/Help with SS and Science!!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: New to T4Learning/Help with SS and Science!!!

brandyapples is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to T4Learning/Help with SS and Science!!!

We are new to T4L. My 7th grade son enjoys T4L but is having a hard time with the SS and Sc quizzes. What is the best way for him to study or get himself prepared for the quizzzes? He writes out notes and definitions. Is there a better way? HELP!!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I even let my kids use the notes they've taken on those tests and quizzes. Note-taking is a valuable skill. I'm not interested in them memorizing facts just long enough to "pass" a test. I'd rather they working something that will serve them well in the future.
    Robin likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

My kids use the Cornell note-taking method and I usually let them use the notes on quizzes and tests.

littletfarms is offline Member

Cornell note-taking method? I'll have to google it. How long have you been using it and how hard is it to teach?
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

crissygayle is offline Junior Member

I don't know if im allowed to tell you this, however, we shall see if it makes it. If your child sees that they failed a test, if they exit out of it incorrectly the bad grade will not be record. They can then go back and review and retake the test. The tests that I have seen change the order of questions and what not so they are not getting the exact same test each time.