new to time4learning
    cathie5873 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new to time4learning

Hi my name is cathie and i just started homeschooling for twins boys that are eleven. Looking for other parents in north carolina using time4learning for home schooling. Also if someone could tell me how to get spelling list for six graders i would appreciate it. thanks cathie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new to time4learning

Hi, Cathie. Welcome!

You might want to also introduce yourself on the North Carolina parent support group forum.

Sixth grade spelling lessons are found under the language arts extensions. These lessons are designed a bit differently than the rest of the program. There are thirty activities and each activity is designed to last an entire week. A student should do one or two "pages" of a spelling lesson per day. For instance, the first day he might read about his new list and take a pretest. Days two, three, and four will probably include an activity designed to practice the words (i.e. and online game or instructions to write the words, etc.). Day five (Friday) is when most students take their spelling test, which is usually the last page of the spelling lesson.

Time4Learning also provides an alternate list of grade-appropriate spelling words for parents who want to design their own program.

Many Time4Learning members use SpellingCity for additional free, FUN spelling games. I like my kids to take their Friday test over there, as the results are easily printable.

Again, welcome! Don't make yourself a stranger as you get your feet wet here!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome to the boards cathy
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Hi, Cathie, just wanted to welcome you to T4L!
    Melissa.

momoftwob is offline Junior Member

Welcom, I agree with the spelling city option. I also use www.superteacherworksheets.com, you can print spelling list for each grade. I use both websites together for the spelling list.

motherof3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Im also new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 9yr old and twin 3 1/2 yr olds we're from NJ. Im wondering if anyone knows the requirements for homeschooling in NJ. I have read some of the websites on homeschooling but still want to ask someone in here for any information that they might have. Im glad that there are online homeschooling sites and forums they help to help my daughter. Thanks for listening and any response is greatly appreciated.

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

on the main forum page, you'll find a state-by-state forum ... you can go into NJ and ask any further questions you might have in there. welcome to the board!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

motherof3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks I really appreciate. Im actually still learning how to use this forum as I could not figure out how to get back to this post. LOL