New user from Tallahassee Florida :)
    Sandy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New user from Tallahassee Florida :)

I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself (and kids) to you all. My name is Sandy and I am mother to three great kids. Only one of my children is being home schooled currently. My oldest is 18 (daughter), and my "middle" child (son) has requested to stay in public school (for now - he's in 8th grade). My youngest (6th grade) has never done well in a school setting. Although polite and intelligent, he was often bored and as a result, didn't apply himself as he should.

We had a few "straws" that came close to breaking the camel's back over the years, and he's wanted to be homeschooled for two years now. I just never realized that it was an affordable option for us. I was under the impression we needed to do these expensive programs. I am so glad I was wrong!

At any rate, we are here, learning this wonderful T4L system. He is enjoying it - and even uttered the words "I am even liking language arts with this program!" (which is a big thing for him - he's always hated that subject in school lol).

I am looking forward to getting to know you all in the days to come!
    Sandy
    Tallahassee, FL
    Mom to... 18 year old daughter
    13 year old son (ADHD & Bipolar, not homeschooled... yet)
    12 year old son (homeschooled)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sandy. Thanks for introducing yourself. I'm glad Time4Learning is working well for your son.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ergon4 is offline Member Regular

Welcome to T4L, Sandy! Great having you join us! Making the decision to homeschool is a big one, and I know your son will make great progress, especially after a little while of adjusting to the new way of doing things. It has been such a super stress reducer for my kids.

Don't forget to add yourself to the T4L map, so you can see if there are other T4L subscribers nearby. Good luck with the remainder of your homeschooling year, and don't be shy to jump in and ask all the questions you need. That's what we are here for!

Kerry
    Raising homegrown geeks...one laptop at a time. Check out my Topsy-Techie blog at http://topsytechie.wordpress.com/

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Sandy,

I am from Florida as well. One of my closest friends live in Tallahassee. I am so glad your here
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Sandy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you everyone! I am really just amazed at how he will actually DO the work now. It's amazing when you take away the day to day stressers of school, what actually gets accomplished!
    Sandy
    Tallahassee, FL
    Mom to... 18 year old daughter
    13 year old son (ADHD & Bipolar, not homeschooled... yet)
    12 year old son (homeschooled)