Newbie to group...long intro
    KimMc is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newbie to group...long intro

Hello, My name is Kim and my 14yr old is Gaby. We just signed up. We have had a long couple of years and since Miss G tests this August I am in a panic that I have not taught her what she needs. I know she needs to firm up the basics, mostly to boost her confidence.

I also have a 20mo old Thea-Ann, that happens to have Down syndrome. So we are busy with therapies and such for some portion during the week. I have read some other posts that have had difficult years and really liked the comments that have been made,,,"the kids did do school"---"life experience"--- Amen to that. So that helped me to not feel quite as bad.

We are planning to go through the summer to get her where she needs to be for the test. After that I don't know Does anyone know of any other programs they like, similar to t4l for 9th and up?

thanks and I hope to get to know many of you
    Kim
    Peace be with you
    Kim

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Kim. Welcome! There's finally someone on the west side of the map with me!

I have a three-year old son with Down syndrome. His mother being the independent sort, he has been "home-therapied". *wink*

The desire for a high school program similar to Time4Learning is expressed frequently on this board. Hopefully others will share here what has worked for them.

It's nice to have you with us.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Carla is offline Member Regular

Welcome Kim and Gabby
    I too am interested in knowing what other HS are using with their high school students. Is there anything like T4L out there for high schoolers? Right now we are considering using BJU and their distant learning program for this coming school year with our 15 yr. old. Our 11 yr. old just recently began using T4L. We are very please with the lessons, customer service and everything related. Would dearly love to find something like it for my high school daughter.

sistahqueen is offline Junior Member Newbie

my child is far from high school but i did run avross a virtual high school. Its not exactly lke T4L but it may be worth a look.

http://www.thevirtualhomeschool.com/mar ... 9909380511
    AS-SALAAM ALAIKUM

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE BENEFICENT, THE MERCIFUL. I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND I BEAR WITNESS THAT MUHAMMAD IS HIS MESSENGER.