Newbie - lots of questions and comments
    VAmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newbie - lots of questions and comments

Hi. I am a mother of 2 young children - 6 and almost 2. My 6 year old has been identified as gifted, but we have found it difficult to find a school that can adequately meet his needs at his age. So, we have been supplementing his education with time4learning. He LOVES this web-site! And we are very happy that he can have fun learning again as he has become rather disillusioned with school. He enjoys the Science section the most. In fact he zoomed through the science very quickly. Is there a way that I can assign him modules to do so that we can round out his education and focus on certain subjects that he either needs more practice with or that compliment what he is learning at school? It appears that the assignment function is not available to parents. Am I doing something wrong?

This website is a powerful enabler for my son. We are very pleased with it and look forward to more management and tracking capability for parents.

Thank you.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The assignment function is for school use and is not available to individual users.

To assign certain modules to your son, access the lesson plans here. You will notice that each learning activity is followed by a code. Input the code for the desired lesson activity as explained here.

In this way, you can customize the program to meet your student's specific needs.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you for the response. I really wish the assignment function was also for parents. I wonder why it is not? My son typically gets on when I am not around so it is hard to always setup assignments for him at the time he is logged in to the site.

I have recently turned several parents on to this site, and they have all been saying they would like the same functionality noted above. Hopefully, this is an upgrade to the website already planned for implementation.

Thank you again for your response!

Blog Entries

Here is a thread that addresses that function in more detail.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Where is the thread? I did not see a link in the post.

Thank you for your fast reply. I did not see a link in the post. Can you please resend?

Thank you.

Blog Entries

The word "Here" is the link (the first word in the post above). It's hard to see the difference in coloring sometimes.

Or . . . here:

https://www.time4learning.net/forum/view ... ssignments

Blog Entries

I just received a message that the board has been improved so links will be underlined and bold. That should make them easier to see.