Newbies and Oldtimers . . . Introduce yourselves here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Newbies and Oldtimers . . . Introduce yourselves here!

I'm enjoying the new forum format. How about you? Let's start off with a role call of sorts. Please tell us a little about you and your family.

I'm happy to start. Let's see . . . I've been severely traumatized by my recent fiftieth birthday! When I go out with my four and eight year olds, everyone thinks I'm their grandma. I may LOOK old, but I believe having six kids has kept me FEELING young!

Did you all get to see Yca's interview on the Home page? Yca's Interview

We'd like to feature a new user each month. Would you be willing to be interviewed? If so, please send me an email or a private message, or simply say so when you introduce yourself in this thread. It would be nice if you could upload a photo or two. Then, they'd be all ready for me to grab when it was your turn to be interviewed.

Looking forward to learning some fascinating tidbits about you all. ;-)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

HEY MAMA MARY!!! KELLY CALLED YOU AN OLDTIMER!!!!!! (cuz i KNOW she wasn't talking to me, she knows i'll throw something at her!!) muahahahahahahahahahaahaha

thanks for the link kelly - saves me some time

for all of you newbies, yes, i am generally this insane ... for all of you other veterans (i REFUSE to call any of you old - fear you might throw something at me and not just kelly). but, also, i've been sick for a week and i'm on like my last 3 brain cells. scary, isn't it?

i've been homeschooling for 3 years now, t4l for 2. i have a busy bunch (see the list of kids and ages in my signature), and we're very active. we do a LOT with cub scouts and girl scouts, i'm the children's director at church (i KNOW, can you believe they put ME in charge of other kids!??!?!? ya'll are glad you don't live in orlando now, right? lol) i have a very small business as a virtual assistant (that i'm trying desperately to make bigger). i've lived in orlando almost my entire life (indiana native), and love going to the beach and doing just about anything on the water. hubby dave and i have been married for almost 5 years now, and he is an awesome guy ... he's done a great job guiding us thru a tough time over the past year. (not sure if you noticed, but the economy is having a little bit of difficulty lately)

and that's about it. you're more than welcome to msg me anytime if you have questions, need advice, or just need to rant and not sure you can trust yourself to rant to anyone who is near enough to smack you. i have SO been there.

did i miss anything kelly? lol (and, feel free to throw stuff back at me - i probably deserve it lol)
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

I am Katrina aka Aandwsmom! I am WAHM to 2 boys, ages 13 and almost 12. I am finishing my 2nd year homeschooling them and we have used T4L exclusive the whole time. I am also a business owner of a daycare/preschool and take care daily of 3 preschoolers M-F which keeps me on my toes. A houseful of testosterone makes for non-boring days! I have been married almost 17 yrs. to my BFF Chris, together for 19 yrs total. We are very busy with our boys, family, working around our home, etc. It is basically chaos, but its my chaos and I couldnt live without it!
    Oh and amongst all the kids running around we have 1 ancient chihuahua, 2 crazy cats, 1 pacman frog, walking sticks, ants and 9 spoiled chickens!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

oh kat ... if they're spoiled you shouldn't eat them - could get salmonella or ecoli
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Jess, I am too mean, nasty and honery to get those things!LOL
    And if you notice, I didnt even touch on the oldtimer part! No way!!!
    IMHO, I think Kelly needs a time-out for calling us that or at least implying that we are old! Jeez, as the Mom of 6 you would think she would know better than to resort to name-calling!

busymomof4 is offline Member

Smile It has been awhile!

Ok so I haven't been very active on the forum for awhile. All my days seem to be running together and with Brady still up at night (is he ever going to sleep?) I feel like a zombie during the day.

Still trying to decide about high school for my oldest. I am leaning toward keeping her home but I am stressed about her getting into college. The high school called and tried to tell me I needed to make a decision by February for a fall enrollment. I think since we pay taxes I can take as long as I want to make the decision. Well I am getting off topic. I do like the new format. My goal is to try to post more often.

I hope you all are having a good week.
    Chris

Wife to Wayne and Mommy to Emily(15), Connor(12), Taylor(7), and Brady(2)

jmom is offline Junior Member

Hello! I am Jennifer Gainer (aka jmom) and I am relatively new to homeschooling in general. I pulled my children from PS in October of last year. We started out working with a Unit Study called A World of Learning, which was great, but the kids were just getting bogged down in all the reading and stuff. They love the T4L concept and layout. They are really enjoying the freedom of doing their schoolwork online...although I have found that I have to observe frequently to ensure that they are staying on task. I am very pleased with the fact that everything is included in this program and that it even grades for me!!

We are pretty much just using this program for our curriculum. I am supplementing with some journal time for the older kids (I have a 5th and 3rd grader), and lots of extra reading and writing for my kindergartner. My biggest fear with homeschooling is that I am not going to be able to teach my youngest to read...that plagues me alot! Any tips or suggestions from you veteran homeschooling moms would be greatly appreciated! I am fairly confident with my older children in everything but math and science...but thankfully that is covered quite well on this program!!

We live in the great state of Texas!! I have been married to my hubby, Eddie, for almost 4 years (in March) and we are very busy with three girls! I heard someone else mention the testosterone levels in their house...well we have a house full of estrogen! One female boxer named Mya and a female cat named Abby round out our bunch...my husband said that he is just going to move out for a few weeks each month once each of the girls has hit puberty!!

Well, that is me in a nutshell...I love the Lord, I love my family, and I am falling in love with T4L!! Everyone has been so welcoming and friendly, and I look forward to gleaning from the wisdom of you all in the near future!!

Have a great day!!

Jennifer

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks to everyone who replied so far . . . except you, Jess!

I didn't want people who had posted an introduction months or years ago to think they shouldn't post more in this thread and "veterans" reminds me of the military.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

marshall & ben's mom is offline Junior Member

My name is Lisa and actually this is my very first post on the forum! I just started homeschooling my preschooler (Marshall) about 3 weeks ago. (he will be 5 in April and Ben is our 3 year old) My husband (Dustin) is military and we are currently in Florida waiting to apply for a medical waiver so he can finish cross training. I'm not sure how long we will homeschool but for now it's perfect for our unpredictable lives!

Genevieve is offline Member

I am a homeschooling mom to 4 and like Chris above me, my youngest doesn't sleep through the night! Zombie definitely describes me! My kids are 10, 8, 5 and 13 months (Girl, boy, girl, boy). We also have a hamster (Hammo). We started homeschooling two years ago after I pulled my two oldest out of public school for various reasons. This year, I am schooling the three oldest. Some days are more fun than others, but I wouldn't trade this precious time with them
    Genevieve
    mom to 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast