Odyssey

Thread: Odyssey

Default Odyssey

My son is having trouble with the Odyssey part of his English and History. We can not figure this out I don't know what we are doing wrong. Please someone help us!!! He is in the 10th grade if that helps at all.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Odyssey

Hi. You don't say what kind of trouble your son is having. I'll assume that it's with understanding how to submit and grade assignments. If I guessed incorrectly, please let me know.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to families and individuals. Some of the functions built in to the program were designed to be used in classrooms. Odyssey Writer is one of those, but individuals use it in the following way:

Your student should click the little "copy" icon at the lower left of the area where he will write before he begins writing. It looks like two tiny overlapping pieces of paper. That will paste the instructions into his writing area, so you will be able to see what he was supposed to do when you correct his work.

After he has finished, he needs to click the "Hand In" button at the top, right. It looks like a hand holding an index card. Then he chooses one of the fictitious "teachers". This does not actually hand the assignment in to anyone. It causes it to be marked as completed and to appear in his reports as "N/A" in the "score" column.

When you check his reports and notice the N/A, you can click on it to view what he has written online, or to print and grade it. You will find a detailed grading guide for every English writing assignment when you log in to your parent dashboard.

Your writing scores won't appear in his reports, and neither will scores for any worksheets you decide to use or any extra things you assign. You use the scores to calculate a grade for the subject using your preferred method.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need something else.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!