odyssey community assingment are not working
    psmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs down odyssey community assingment are not working

My daughter is unable to complete the Odyssey Community assignments in 3rd grade language arts. Both Information: Text Features and Information: Point of View have Odyssey Community assingments that when you open them there is no way to complete the assingment. We did the assignments in her notebook but this is very frustrating as the arrow is now stuck 2 Chapters behind us and it won't mark the unit as complete. We are now on Information: Compare and Contrast and thankfully there are not any of these assignments.

She has ADD and ODD and its very frustrating for both of us when I have to help her find the assingment and worse if I'm not home and my mom can't help her. She is upset because she keeps forgetting where we are and can't just follow along. With ADD and ODD its all about the flow once its interupted we may never get it back and the less hovering from me the less oppositionalism and distraction we have.

I have called and they claim there was an update and these are bugs they are working on but it has been weeks. Is there any way to mark these off as done or can T4L take them down till fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a special needs child that can't deal with this.

Stephanie

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by psmom View Post
    I have called and they claim there was an update and these are bugs they are working on but it has been weeks. Is there any way to mark these off as done or can T4L take them down till fixed.
    These are definitely brand new. These community assignments did not exist when my son went through the program this year. I just went into third grade to see what you were talking about and I don't see any way to mark the assigment as completed. Also, I suspect that since this was just added that the new additions are meant for the 2012-2013 school year and the programmers probably feel like they have until Aug to work out the kinks. Sorry, I know that is extremely unhelpful. As someone who formerly worked in IT project tracking, if the programmers feel like this is for the upcoming school year, then they probably have some project tracking timeline with the goal to fix gliches by the end of summer.

Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

The Arrow should disappear when the test is taken and the lesson is considered mastered and move on to the following lesson. Or someone could come up and just click through those assignments for her. If it does not move after you have done that and clearing your browsers cookies then it would definitely be an IT issue. However remember if you click the x in the corner instead of the complete button or finish the lesson all the way to the end it does not record it or register it as complete and thinks you quit. It also does not register as a completed assignment in the Odyssey report card link. That is for parents to see what your child did and experience it for Themselves.
    If none of these apply to you and you have already tried clearing your browser contact the IT on this page: https://www.time4learning.com/curriculum/contact_us.php