Odyssey Writer
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Odyssey Writer

Default Odyssey Writer

We are having a bit of a hard time understanding the Odyssey Writer and how to go about grading and turning in and such. I understood that I am to grade these assignments myself. When they go to turn them in though, it drops down a list of teachers to turn them in to. Are we to just choose a random teacher or does it get turned in to a teacher in particular? Doesn't that then mean that it is being graded by someone other than myself? How do I deal with that whole thing? Any assistance or advice on this would be really great. We are new to the program and love it so far, but this particular area is giving me such a run for my money!! Thank you.

melinda49 is offline Junior Member

I am having trouble with the Odyssey Writer as well. When I log in to grade her papers, they are not there. All I see is a blank screen. I have searched the site looking for instructions and what I have found does not work. Can anyone help please?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi!

Your student must "hand in" an Odyssey Writer assignment for it to be marked as completed. To hand it in, click the hand icon at the upper, right of the writing area. Choose a fictitious "teacher" at random. This will cause the assignment to appear as a link in your child's reports.

Since Time4Learning is a curriculum instead of a school, parents are the teachers of record, and they are responsible for grading writing assignments. The assignment can be printed from the report and manually graded.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed for classroom use, so setting up fictitious "teachers" to "hand in" the writing assignments to is how T4L arranged for parents to be able to access these completed assignments from the reports.
    Amber Loree and cindynavin like this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!