Odyssey writer - showing as incomplete
    yesitisme is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Odyssey writer - showing as incomplete

Hello! So, my son has been doing the odyssey writer activities, and all of them have been marked as "incomplete." I checked, and he has completed all of them, they show up in the portfolio. Trying to check them on my end doesn't let me grade them at all. How do I get the activities to have the "completed" check mark?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Odyssey writer - showing as incomplete

He needs to click the "Hand In" button when he is finisihed. That causes them to show up in his reports as completed. Where you might expect a grade to be, there will be an N/A instead. You can click the N/A to view what he wrote, and you can print and grade it manually. There is a video within your parent dashboard that explains this a little more thoroughly than I have (with pictures!)

Please let us know if you have any more questions, and welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

beeline128 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    He needs to click the "Hand In" button when he is finisihed. That causes them to show up in his reports as completed. Where you might expect a grade to be, there will be an N/A instead. You can click the N/A to view what he wrote, and you can print and grade it manually. There is a video within your parent dashboard that explains this a little more thoroughly than I have (with pictures!)

I have yet to find any help videos within my parent dashboard or anywhere. Can you please direct me?

cepling is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post

Is there anyway to go in and put a score on the writing assignments? The N/A after a while looks bad and I would like to put a legit score in its place

cepling is offline Junior Member Newbie

Post Re: Odyssey writer - showing as incomplete

I am also curious about this. Can you go in and put a score where the N/A is after you have reviewed the submitted work? I think it would be good for the students to see a score

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The reports are for parent information. They record all online work on the core subjects. They are intended to be one source of information you can use to create a report card or a transcript for your child. Any worksheets or writing assignments or anything else you add to your child's curriculum (P.E., music, art, workbooks) will not appear in the reports.

You can log in to your parent dashboard at the high school level to generate a transcript. There are report card templates online and free software that parents use to keep a complete record of their child's school work. That's not what the reports are intended to be, so there is no place to add scores or to replace the N/A with a score. N/A isn't a negative notation. It just means a score is not applicable, which means either it's an activity designed to teach instead of assess OR that it's the type of activity that the computer can't score (such as writing).

If you use the Time4Languages option that Time4Learning offers, you will find a separate report for that on your parent dashboard. Science4Us would be separate, and Time4Art is a separate report, too. You will probably want to include all of these in your child's transcript or report card.

I hope this explains the purpose of the reports and helps you find an option that works for your family.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

wreed is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Re: Odyssey writer - showing as incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by beeline128 View Post
    I have yet to find any help videos within my parent dashboard or anywhere. Can you please direct me?
    hello

I'm looking for more help concerning this. So there will never be a grade for the writing part, correct? Parents have to grade on the side, correct? So do we need to keep these in our records?

thanks