ok i need some help
    bigdaddycfh is offline Junior Member

Default ok i need some help

ok so we started my daughter on T4L , she's in 6th grade, i have a question .... i have noticed when she does her assignments it does not give a score, it will when she takes a quiz though .... is this normal? does she not get graded on her work ? i hope we are doing it right... can someone help point me in the right direction before we get to far .. thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Some of the assignments are designed to TEACH . . . not to evaluate. (Compare them to a teacher, standing in front of the class, giving a lecture . . . but a lot more fun! Students don't get graded for that part of their school day.)

After the lesson has been taught, there are other activities that allow the student to practice. Some of these are scored, but they don't "count" as much as quizzes and tests. Quizzes and tests ARE designed to evaluate what the student has learned, so they are all scored.

When you look at your student's reports, you can see little icons next to each activity that indicate whether it's a scored activity or not.

It's really quite well-thought-out. I like it!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

bigdaddycfh is offline Junior Member

thanks hearthstone, that helps explain alot ............ let me ask you something, my daughter made all honor classes for this year, now that we have decided to homeschool can you suggest anything that would equal her doing honor classes, she's a very smart girl and i hate for her to relax with regular work when she was headed up in higher work with honor class etc... does this make sense ?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If she's a math whiz, you might consider having Algebra added to her launchpad.

You could certainly also have her do some assignments from higher levels. Use the lesson plans to identify appropriate assignments, and then use the Activity Finder to access them.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!