Ok, I'm stumped!
    Dee
    Dee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question Ok, I'm stumped!

In yesterday's lessons, my son had 2 activities that he apparently didn't finish. Both were in 3rd grade Language Arts, Family - ILA (34234 & 34236). I'm logged in as Parent and looking in the Recent Work tab. This is what I see for one of the activities:
    Language Analysis Re-Teach The Man in the Moon (analogies) - 34235 Language Arts3/9/11 10:20:38 AMN/A
    I can't figure out what that boxed R is supposed to mean. Also, my son insists that he did both these lessons but apparently he didn't. He told me that he used the "quit" button within the lesson to close it when he was done. Does anyone have any insight into this??
    Mom of 3
    boy '98, girl '00, boy '01 (Aspie)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Dee.

The "quit" button is intended to be used if your student wants to stop the lesson and come back later. He can access the lesson again and just make sure to mark it complete. Here is some information about marking lessons complete.

Someone asked me about that "R" quite some time ago. I was never able to find someone who knew what it meant, and it doesn't appear in the icon list. I even did two lessons twice, to see if it stands for "Repeated"! LOL! I'll see if we can send this question directly to CompassLearning, who designed the program.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!