Organization System for T4L as a Core Curriculum
    UmmSurayyah is offline Junior Member

Default Organization System for T4L as a Core Curriculum

Hello. I am new to Time4Learning and am considering using it as my core program this year. I began by making an activity calendar, but what system do you use to organize your daily activity so that you complete a well balanced day of coursework? Across the year, I would like to complete the entire curriculum with space for vacations and supplements. I was thinking of using the activities calendar to make my own document that breaks down each subject side-by-side. Though I entered all subjects, the activities calendar only doles out the lessons for the year for each subject independently. I would prefer them to display alongside each other. So, before I reinvent the wheel, I would love to hear what you all are doing (if you are using T4L as your core). If there is a thread that already addresses this, please feel free to point me in that direction. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. I don't like to feel pressured to move on if my child needs more practice, so I just go with a very general "idea" of a schedule. At the beginning of the school year, I'll say something like, "Do two math, one language arts, one science, and two social studies each day." Then I check each week to make sure we're on track. That's the extent of my planning.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Here is an example of what we do at the upper level: (1 lesson in each--child has dyslexia and ADHD)

Monday--history, math, and art
    Tuesday--math, language, science
    Wednesday--language extensions, math, history
    Thursday--art, science, math
    Friday--language extensions, math, one free choice or a supplement from another source
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

shanadd is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    Here is an example of what we do at the upper level: (1 lesson in each--child has dyslexia and ADHD)

Monday--history, math, and art
    Tuesday--math, language, science
    Wednesday--language extensions, math, history
    Thursday--art, science, math
    Friday--language extensions, math, one free choice or a supplement from another source
    Hi Jackie!

When you say 1 lesson are you meaning 1 activity? Thanks!

Shandra