Other Charged courses besides time4writing?
    edwardsdad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Other Charged courses besides time4writing?

I'd like to learn about other courses that will have an additional charge attached in order for me to budget them in. I already know about the time4writing program and the $99.00 charge. Are there any others i need to consider for my budget.

Edwardsdad

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Other Charged courses besides time4writing?

whoa!! its a dad!!!! you are a rare beast around here altho, to be honest, my hubby and i chat from our laptops together either from our bed or our couch so he's usually next to me when we're on here and he either reads along with me or gets to hear half of what i'm reading anyway!

as far as i know, the only additional charge is the time4writing, with THIS curriculum. but of course, if you go exploring into other things, there could be associated costs with whatever you're looking at on another, unrelated site. let us know if you need anything and welcome to the group!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

edwardsdad is offline Junior Member Newbie

ok great thank you for the insight....

ACTUALLY this is really edward's sister. My Dad is in charge of the operation but i'm 21 so im still familiar with what he's learning so i'm taking care of his home school.

Daisy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Daisy! Time4Writing is absolutely optional. It's actually a separate course. Most Time4Writing users are not Time4Learning users . . . although many Time4Learning users take a Time4Writing course or two.

Time4Learning includes writing instruction . . . quite a bit of it, in fact. Parents do need to evaluate their student's writing since, of course, a computer can't do that. Some parents aren't comfortable evaluating the writing, or they want a second opinion. Their students often take Time4Writing courses on occasion.

Time4Writing includes courses for third grade through high school.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Blog Entries

lol daisy, that could get very confusing!!! but welcome and let us know how else we can help you.

as a reference, i don't use time4writing personally because i'm kind of an english nut and have done really well evaluating the kids' papers thus far. but, in the cases where i do have a question about the curve i'm learning on, my best friend is their evaluator (she's a 2nd grade teacher) and she lets me know whether or not they're on track.

all that being said, i've heard the time4writing is a great course!!
    ~ Yca ~

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3

Blog Entries

Jess, I'm an "English nut", too, and I have always felt very comfortable evaluating my kids' work. When we took some Time4Writing courses, I found it interesting, though, that my KIDS valued the teacher's comments so highly! The first thing they wanted to do each morning was to check and see what kind of comments she had left on their work.

I also found that I was probably being a little too critical of my teenage son's work. Because I'm a writer myself, I almost expected perfection from him. The Time4Writing teacher told me she was very impressed with his writing, so it was nice having that second opinion. I'm not quite as hard on him now!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Blog Entries

kelly SHUSH!!! we don't want to give jack any ideas that someone out there could be easier on him!!!!!!
    ~ Yca ~

Blog Entries