Parent Preview

Thread: Parent Preview

lakesmit is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Parent Preview

I know there has been discussion about Parent previewing lessons. I also know that T4L staff are working on this. I just would like to make note how important I think this issue is. My son has Down Syndrome and it would be really, really helpful to be able to preview the lessons so I could support the concepts both before and after, with his adapted curriculum.
    I would prefer a preview "mode" in which I could quickly move through it without having to wait for the demonstrations, etc. and obviously I wouldn't need the "data" of my progress , nor would I need to print off reports.

Now..... on to my question...... I don't care so much about if the "reports" of time logged in, etc are off by my previewing.....but, if I preview (i.e. go all the way through the lesson) it will mess up his flow chart, won't it? This is very important to him..... and if it's marked off as "done", I won't be able to convince him that he needs to do it "again"..... this will really confuse him. This is why I haven't previewed lessons.

Is there a work around for this?

Laurie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You are correct that Time4Learning is working on a method to allow parent preview, and suggestions are being noted. Thank you!

Until then, some parents are printing their students' reports in the afternoon and doing a preview in the evening. That way, the parent's preview does not show up on the student report.

You may log in as your student and preview any work without it being marked as complete if you exit the lesson activity before the final screen has finished playing. For science and social studies at a third grade level or higher, the student must click on the "hand" icon on the final screen in order for the lesson to be marked as complete. (This is also true of a few lesson activities in other subjects and at other grade levels. Just look for the hand.)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lakesmit is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool!! So as long as I exit (with the back arrow, right? or close my window?) while the last page is playing it won't come up as completed. WooHoo!!