peddy parot

Thread: peddy parot

HolisticMomof4 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default peddy parot

Hi, We are new to t4l. Can you tell me how to download the peddy parot?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Click here for information about Peedy.

You will need to get into a science or social studies lesson in grade level three or above before you will see the speaker icon.

Welcome!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mississippimom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I was wondering if everyone who was having problems downloading Peddy Parrot got everything worked out. I have FireFox and had to download directly from the Microsoft website if this helps. Once there, if you can get yourself to the page, it will give you all the downloads and 2 additional speaker downloads that you really don't need.

Staci

mageduley is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions about Peedy

Could you tell me what lessons have Peedy available? I do not see the speaker icon in my son's science or social studies lessons. There are a lot of reading on these pages and Peedy would really help. I have downloaded all of the necessary MS agent components, but I do not see a speaker icon on these lessons to activate this option. He is a 7th grader but has a 5th grade reading level and Peedy would really help. Are there only a few lessons where the MS Agent for Peedy is available? Or is there something configuration wise I can do? Thanks

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

We typically use Firefox for our browser but found if dd wanted to use Peedy Parrot, she needed to be in IE. But it does work in that so we're grateful! Just a heads up...

Blessings, Adele

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What browser are you using? Peedy has "issues" with browsers other than Internet Explorer.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mageduley is offline Junior Member Newbie

Kelly, I think I figured out the Peedy problem.
    For all of you who use Mozilla Firefox as a browser we have a problem with Peedy. The MS Agent program used works in Internet Explorer because it uses a control called Active X. One of the selling points of the Mozilla Firefox browser is that it does not allow these types of Active X contrlos and is less vulnerable to be compromised.

Apparently Disney created a character using MS Agent (like Peedy) and got a lot of complaints that it could not be viewed in Mozilla Firefox. So some developers created a plug-in to allow just this Active X to run in firefox. The microsoft technet page directed me to this site - so it is pretty reliable.

Here is the link.
    http://www.foxee.net/goodies/index.html

Be forewarned, the downloads appear to be for specific versions of firefox (unfortunately mine is too new) it has been reported to have conflict issues with macromedia flash (which we use a lot in this program)

Anyhoo...I guess I'll use IE for the time being. I have no problem with it there.

Hope this helps. If anyone finds updated info on this subject please post.
    Thanks